Thursday, November 8, 2012

Today is the day!

Yep, you guys FINALLY get to see pictures of my fish! How happy are you? Aren't you so excited I stopped putting it off?!? Good! 

First of all, though, an update! I have decided upon a name for my blue acara after much consideration. Her name shall be Alaska. I think of cool deep blue water when I hear the name, so Alaska it is! Speaking of Alaska, she's really come out of her shell since she came home with me. She has tons of personality and is always, what I call, 'bull-dogging' in front of the tank demanding to e fed and interacted with. Last night was the first time she took food out from my fingers and it was pretty neat. Glad she trusts me so much! Also, she's already grown to be the biggest fish in the tank, topping out at just under 4 inches, it looks like. She was roughly 3 when I got her! The little fatty fish! 

On to the pictures! 

This is Alaska being photobombed by one of the female platy, Candy

This is Alaska being photobombed by my male Krib, Carter.

...At this point I don't think its Alaska being photobombed. I think Alaska is the Photobomber. Anyways, Alaska pictured with my male Dolores hybrid swordtail and is panda platy girlfriend. Alexandro and Lush respectively.

Finally! A picture without that nosy blue acara! This is my female Krib cichlid, Shirea. See that organish brown blur directly under her? Thats a mass of fry from a very recent breeding. I'm a grandma! At this stage they look like tiny orange sperm monsters.

Their tank!

This is my snoody male betta, Katana. 

and his tank, taken right after a water change so there's stuff in the water that hasn't settled. 

Thats all for now folks! I'll get pictures up of the 29 gallon when I get them, its looking pretty bare.






No comments:

Post a Comment