Friday, October 26, 2012

I'm back!

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been getting to bed earlier and when not asleep at a reasonable time I've been battling a wisdom tooth making itself known. :( But, I'm back and will try to be more active! 

So, I ordered a Blue Acara from our local Pet Supplies Plus and my little acara came in last Thursday. At first she was pretty stress strip'd and dull colored, but here it is a week later and she's simply gorgeous. So far she's been extremely bold and is constantly begging for food and just generally being a show off. My bf and I will both being looking at the tank and the whole time she's displaying and watching us, as close to the glass as she can get. I love it. 

The only other thing really going on is that I moved my two Krib cichlids from the 29 gallon to the 30 gallon. My heater literally exploded and caught fire.. sssoo.. Yeah. Tropicals had to be moved to a tropical tank while I left my coldwater loving gold-barbs in the 29 gallon. After removing my pairs.. I've started to notice some Krib fry making themself known. So far we've seen three and they are about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch long. I'm going to try catching them and moving them to the betta/fry tank because its nice and heated. I'm honestly thinking of making my 30 gallon a cichlid-only tank with a pair of rams and a pair of cockatoo cichlids.. Not sure yet, though.

I WILL get pictures up VERY soon! My blue acara is proving to be very camera shy so its super hard to snap a good picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment